Friday, June 12, 2009

Wine, Chocolate and More Festival-what "more" could you ask for??

A sign caught my eye today while I was out showing property, so I decided I need to investigate this intriguing sign just a little "more". First of all, I had not heard of this festival before, and secondly, it contained two of my favorite words “chocolate” and “wine”. The “more” I definitely wanted to know "more" about.

The Wine, Chocolate and More Festival is a benefit festival put on by Altrusa of Salem. The great thing about this festival is that it is a chance to give back to the community. The festival benefits local programs. All profits from the festival stay in our community and are used to help women and children in crisis situations, and literacy projects.

You can spend time talking with the local wineries and learning about the intricacies of wine and wine making. Purchases can be made by the taste, glass, bottle or case. There are competitions that you can vote on. To sum it up, who doesn’t love wine,chocolate and giving back to the community??

For more information on this yummy festival visit their website!

No comments:

Post a Comment